CLH design, p.a., an award-winning civil engineering and landscape architecture firm located in Cary, NC is seeking a driven and detail oriented AutoCAD Technician to perform AutoCAD design for multiple aspects of site design. The candidate will get to work on public sector projects including K-12 and higher education campuses, various municipal/community service facilities and parks.
Under direction of a CLH Project Manager, the candidate will perform a broad variety of drafting duties utilizing Computer-Aided Design/Drafting (CAD). The employee will perform at a minimum entry professional level and would be responsible for executing surveying, engineering and drafting functions as they relate to site design. Work includes preparing preliminary drafts of construction projects, performing redline mark-ups, converting surveys, and generating accurate and detailed records of engineering data.
The ideal candidate will need to appreciate construction methods and have good communication, numeracy, and IT skills. Projects are deadline driven. The ability to work as part of a team while also having plenty of your own initiative is extremely important.
- Associates Degree with major coursework in Civil Engineering Technology or related field, or equivalent vocational certification with major coursework in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- Two years responsible experience in CAD engineering, construction, drafting and/or surveying work with strong experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly motivated to successfully interact with clients and team members.
- Entry-level experience in the construction industry with construction management/administration training preferred.
- Knowledge of site design principles.
- Must be able to pass a background check and be legally able to work in the United States of America.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Utilizing CAD software, the candidate will perform a variety of drafting functions related to civil engineering, including:
- Perform survey and drafting operations, including redline mark-ups, as related to site design.
- Research and compile records and field data for the preparation of construction plans; develops and drafts engineering plans and drawings; develop permit applications and generates correspondence.
- Prepare site design drawings for public sector civil engineering and landscape architecture projects.
- Maintain active communication with contractors, engineers, landscape architects, surveyors, government agencies, and the general public for any engineering, surveying or construction issues.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and follow highly complex written and oral instructions.
- Basic knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering and utilities operations as applied to the development, design, construction as they relate to CAD drafting.
- Ability to clearly communicate information both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with departmental personnel, management, contractors, consultants and the general public.
CLH was established in 1993 and specializes in collaborative civil engineering and landscape architecture. We have 20 employees who consist of civil engineers, landscape architects, construction administration and support staff. We offer an attractive salary/benefits package, including medical, dental, life and Simple IRA with company match, learning opportunities and much more. Interested candidates please send resume to [email protected].
Internship opportunities also available!